An easy, no-fuss, and powerful way to practice visualizing is to take a few moments at the end of each day and run thru our memories of what we did and observed that day. We don’t have to go into every detail, just the highlights will do. A few minutes every day will soon produce big growth in our visualizing skills.
Amount of time: at least 2 minutes
What’s needed: Nothing
Location: Anywhere, anytime
1. Find a few moments when you can run something thru your mind. You don’t have to be in perfect silence or seclusion.
2. Bring up memories of what you did today. You can skip around the timeline or you can start your visualizing with the earliest thing you can remember work your way up to the present moment.
3. Visualize each memory. When you have it, take a moment to sink into the event a bit. Feel yourself being there. Can you sense your movements? Sounds?
4. Don’t knock yourself on working to remember everything you did or in every detail.
5. After a few minutes, finish up. Take a moment to acknowledge that you got some practice in for the day!